You first need to setup an Eclipse environment for general Lyo development:
- Unless already installed, you need to first install the JDK 8.
- Install your preferred Eclipse distribution. Which distribution to use?
- Once Eclipse is installed, you need to make sure the JAVA_HOME
environment variable is set to the installed JDK (instead of the
- Select Window-->Preferences
- Select Java-->Installed JREs
- Click Add...
- In the new window that appears,
- choose Standard VM as JRE Type
- click Next.
- As JRE home choose the installation dir of your JDK
- click Finish.
- Back to the preferences screen
- select the old JRE
- click Remove
- check the newly added JDK and
- click OK.